Monday, June 27, 2011

BlueMax blog - realistic spacecraft design

Have a look here.(Update: this link no longer has the original destination.  The designs are still available in places like RPGnow, the the Zan Qing link below)

This gentleman has thought through spacecraft design very deeply.  I have picked up one of his very reasonably priced designs on RPG now (I love instant gratification).  The Zan Qing is a very plausible orbital patrol craft; I am certain I will have direct use for it, and it is great inspiration as well.  I believe it is designed for D6 Space; but reality is not bound by a rules system.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, he has thought through spacecraft design very deeply. I am impressed by his work. I have a blurb for him on my site
    http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/deckplans.php#id--Blue_Max_Studio%27s_"RG-403_Heinlein"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of his blog posts will repay careful study. The one that got my attention was about the Mission Control Model. That too I incorporated into my website.

    http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/crew.php#id--The_Mission_Control_Model

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mission control model - it gets to reasonable command and department for a spacecraft and helps assign roles and people.

    I like the deck layout in Heinlein; the reaction mass seems a bit scant but (like the simple sphere of the Zan Qing) it would work as the crew module for any style of ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the Spacecraft Spotlight on the Xiang Qing, featuring the space station?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall have a look. Those are really nice ships; I shall be ordering more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each one gets an add-on after publication, usually with new stats, and always with bonus maps.

    ReplyDelete