Tuesday, April 2, 2013

And a curveball from reality

I've identified three good sources for multiple star data.  Two, importantly, have "HIP" cross references.
 The downside of these discoveries is that some of the entries I have already processed may be in those catalogs, with no notation of multiplicity in it's HYG. data line.  Such is life;  I will start the splitting by incorporating the cross reference in the names along with the critical annotations in the ongoing "rejects" data.  Incorporating these data into the re-run to exclude multiples from "simple solitary" processing will be simple enough, although I will end up with a lot more "leftovers" when I am done.

It is also time to start thinking about the file structure and database structure to capture the orbital data.

No comments:

Post a Comment